Early Childhood (Shorashim)
Teaching your children, no matter how young, is a Commandment for Jewish parents. Learning about Judaism together as a community is a Mitzvah. The Shorashim Program at CBS was founded by the late Art Finkelstein to honor his granddaughters Talulah and Ruby.
Our Sunday morning Shorashim program is for children from 6 months through age 5 and their parents to learn about Judaism in a fun, active and engaging environment. The Parents, along with Rabbi Goldstein & Music Director Gordon Lustig, create a program of music, arts and crafts, Jewish stories and celebration of Jewish holidays. The Shorashim program is a bridge between the synagogue community and parents with very young children.
Shorashim generally meets at CBS two Sundays each month from 10:00am-11:00am.
Families are invited with their children to experience the CBS Shorashim program that includes the Sunday morning programs, participation in PJ Library and Family Shabbat. Parents are expected to become CBS members to participate in this Program. Financial assistance is available on an individual basis.
Membership also includes:
- High Holy Day Services.
- Use of the CBS Swimming Pool and the Pool facilities.
- Participation in all religious, cultural, social and education programs of the Synagogue.
- A place to celebrate life cycle events.
- Access to the CBS Library.
- Ability to meet other young families in the community and participate in CBS Chavarot.