Young Mensch Award
A Great Opportunity for College StudentsCongregation Beth Shalom’s Young Mensch Award
The Congregation Beth Shalom Young Mensch Scholarship Fund was established by an anonymous member of CBS in hopes of acknowledging the good work of our teens and young adults in the Napa Jewish community.
To qualify for the award a candidate must be a current or prior member of Congregation Beth Shalom, who will be enrolled, either full-time or part-time, an accredited college or university during the 2017-2018 academic year.
Applicants will be evaluated on their commitment and contributions to CBS or to the greater Napa Jewish Community, and, if they have completed at least one year of college, their involvement in Jewish life at their school.
All applications and nominations must be submitted online by potential candidates by February 28, 2017 and the Award(s) will be announced in late Spring.
It is the anonymous donor’s wish that other members of our community also donate to this fund. If you would like to make a contribution, please click here, or contact the CBS office.
Please be sure to forward this on to any college students that might be eligible that you know from the Napa Jewish Community.
If you have any questions about this award, please contact Rabbi Goldstein at 707-253-7305 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Complete and submit the form below.
- In two 500 word, double spaced essays, answer the following questions. Attach your answers in one Microsoft Word or PDF file while filling out the application below.
- Describe how you have contributed to the welfare of the CBS community, the Napa Jewish community, and your university Jewish community (if applicable).
- What does being a mensch mean to you? In what ways are you a mensch?
- Letters from two references who can speak to your contributions to the CBS community, the Napa Jewish community, and your university Jewish community.
- Letters should not be more than one page double spaced.
- References may not be from family members, or the Rabbi, Executive Director, Education Director, President, Immediate Past President, Vice President of Youth Education, or the Vice President of Communications of CBS.
- References may be submitted to CBS to the attention of Lee Bycel or may be submitted online (click here for the reference submission form).